10 tips to turn your smartphone into your business partner
Multiple communication alternatives, management tools, access to documents and relevant information, scheduling, banking transactions and brand tracking on social media: you can do all this and much more on these small devices that have rightfully earned their name “smartphones”.
Don’t pass up the potential of your smartphone and turn it into your work ally! Below we share 10 recommendations on functions and uses that will allow you to improve the services offered to your clients and provide support to your business activity:
- Email: you can configure your company’s email address to ensure that customers or prospective customers will receive a reply and customized service whenever required. A prospective customer’s interest may diminish with time, so the faster you reply to their queries the more likely you are to close a deal.
- Banking apps: downloading a banking app from the bank where you have your checking accounts will help you track your deposits and withdrawals; you can set up alerts that will notify you when a customer makes a deposit and the amount deposited. Likewise, some banks allow gadgets that enable you to turn your smartphone into a debit or credit card paying tool.
- Social media: certain apps allow you to concentrate all social media profiles of your brand, program publications, or simply monitor what is happening. These are very useful for those managing the contents as well as for those who delegate this task to third parties to stay on top of response times and tone.
- Storage: for submitting cost estimates and work samples, to access virtual catalogues or as an additional backup for presentations you would like to give to clients or prospective investors, make sure to have a cloud storage app as your ally.
- Notes and reminders: unlike a notebook or agenda, you can take notes with certain apps on your mobile device that can later be synced so that you can access them from any other device. Also, you can program reminders to meet delivery times and whatever arrangements you have made with clients.
- Monitor expenses: there are several apps that enable you to classify expenses and record different budget amounts to keep accurate records of income and expenses. Also, most of these apps allows you to export data to an Excel file, which enables you to perform analyses on a weekly or monthly basis or based on your sales cycle.
- Backup copies: just as with your computer, it is essential to make backup copies of your cellphone. The fact that these devices are practically always connected to the Internet offers some peace of mind, and working on documents that are saved in the cloud automatically reduces the chances of losing your work. However, keep in mind that sometimes you will have no coverage or access to Wi-Fi.
- Security: you can access social media, emails, online banking or messaging services from a phone so you should always choose a passcode. You can also add additional security layers such as apps to hide files. Not least relevant is the use of lost device location services and remote desktop services to publish messages, or, if necessary, to format the terminal.
- Work profile: some phones include the option of having more than one profile on a single device. Having a work-oriented profile allows you to configure access, sounds, lights and alarms during your working hours.
- Attitude and manners: as a general rule, check your spelling and grammar especially when writing an email or a work-related message; spelling mistakes or typos can give you an unprofessional image. Avoid using your smartphone during meetings since the idea is for you to have face-to-face interaction with the attendants. Don’t shout when talking and remember that it is a personal phone so if you are going to reproduce audio files at the office it is always better to use headphones to not bother those nearby.
ConnectAmericasConnectAmericas.com is the free online platform where you will find all the tools you need to grow your business
See all posts by ConnectAmericas