Caribbean exporters and importers have more access to international buyers and suppliers than ever before. But that does not mean that the road to expanding your company’s presence abroad is an easy one. That is why Mastercard partnered with RGX, a company specializing in foreign trade services for small and medium businesses. Our team of foreign trade experts is ready to offer Mastercard Business Card cardholders a quick response to your questions. The services we offer include:
Pre-selection of new export markets
RGX will identify new potential markets for your products or services. our team will look at different factors that determine the viability of a potential market, such as the growing trend of imports, exports of the product in question, the existence of trade agreements between the pre-selected country and the client’s country of origin, existing incentives, geographical proximity, cultural affinity, among other variables.
RGX will deliver to the client a report containing:
- List of pre-selected countries with an explanation of why RGX recommends each one;
- Next steps for contacting importers/buyers;
- Basic export guide for the target market(s);
- Models of standard import documents for the pre-selected destination(s).
Based on the tariff positions of the product(s) that the company wishes to export to a given market, RGX’s global team will prepare a comprehensive report about the target market with the following information:
- General economic and foreign trade conditions in the target market;
- Analysis of imports of the specific product;
- Import regulations for the product in question;
- Export/import tariffs and other expenses for the product(s);
- Relevant distribution channels and points of sale;
- Analysis of local and international competition;
- List of importers;
- Industry fairs or events in the target country;
- List of trade publications.
Search for new international clients
You will receive a list of at least 10 (ten) verified importers/distributors/manufacturers/producers (active in the marketplace), with the following information:
- Company information (description and contact information)
- Company telephone number and direct line of the head of purchasing/imports
- General company email and direct email of the head of purchasing/imports
- Import volumes/origins/imported brands (if applicable)
- Distribution channels and geographical coverage
- Additional information and/or individual assessment prepared by the RGX consultant
Business meeting agendas
You will receive an agenda with a minimum of 5 (five) and a maximum of 8 (eight) confirmed meetings with potential buyers, distributors, representatives in the selected target market. RGX will schedule and organize work meetings with companies interested in buying your products or services. The client shall bear all travel costs and expenses incurred.
Five days prior to the client’s trip to the destination country, RGX will deliver to the client an agenda with the following information about the selected counterparts:
- Description of the products sold and the channel(s) served,
- Contact details,
- Name of the meeting’s host(s),
- Date, time and place of the meeting,
- Comments and observations to help the company negotiate effectively and make the most of each meeting.
Business meeting agendas must be requested at least 60 days before planned travel dates.
You can request the service via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the online form. In less than 48 hours, an RGX consultant will contact you.